Toyota Corolla vs Hyundai Elantra
When you imagine yourself zipping around the streets near Doral, Hialeah, Miami, or Kendall, which sporty sedan do you see yourself in: the Toyota Corolla or the Hyundai Elantra?
If you’re unsure how to answer that question, check out this comparison by the Doral Toyota team. We’ll break down the highlights of each model to help you decide which sedan offers the comfort and confidence you desire. If you have any questions, reach out to a member of our team and we’ll help you in any way we can.
Engage in Your Commute
With impressive efficiencies and smooth rides from peppy motors, the Toyota Corolla and the Hyundai Elantra will be a joy to drive around sunny Florida streets. When it comes to your commute, though, you need a sedan designed to keep you entertained throughout the journey.
The Corolla rises to the occasion with a standard 7-inch touch-screen armed with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. Plug your compatible smartphone into the USB port and you’ll gain instant access to an array of applications, from navigation to your customized playlists and podcast library. For greater usability on the fast-paced highway, an 8-inch display is available as well. It pairs with a 9-speaker JBL® with Clari-Fi® sound system to take your listening experience to the next level.
You may have a completely different entertainment experience in the Elantra, though. While an 8-inch screen is available as well, the standard display is much smaller at only five inches, so you may have a harder time using it on the ever-changing road. Additionally, smartphone integration doesn’t come standard, so you won’t have a customizable listening experience on the baseline model like you will with the Corolla. Lastly, the quality of sound may differ as well, since the available sound system in the Elantra maxes out at eight speakers.
Since these sedans so seamlessly integrate with your smartphone, you’ll want your device to stay powered throughout your ride so you can continue to enjoy a new audiobook or your curated road-trip playlist. The Corolla helps your devices stay charged with an available wireless charging station. Simply place your phone onto the pad and your battery will get the boost it needs to last throughout your journey. Unfortunately, you’ll have to remember to bring your charging cord along for the ride with you in the Elantra since this feature isn’t available.
Show Off Your Style
Not only is in-cabin entertainment an essential for your next vehicle, but interior style is an important factor as well. Your vehicle is a reflection of you, so you’ll want to make sure your next ride offers premium amenities that show off your personal style.
The Toyota Corolla and the Hyundai Elantra keep you in the lap of luxury no matter where the road takes you with delicate touches, like an available leather-trimmed steering wheel and heated front seat for a relaxing experience.
When the sun’s shining, open the available moonroof and bathe your spacious interior in natural light. When it comes to nighttime drives, though, your commute home may prefer the Corolla since it comes with ambient lighting. Lights are strategically placed around your cabin to set the tone for your drive or to match the mood of your listening experience. Customization features like this aren’t available in the Elantra, though.
Corolla vs Elantra: Advanced Safety
The most important feature when choosing your next car is safety, and these sedans offer it to varying degrees. The Elantra comes standard with a few driver-assistance features you may find appealing, like a Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist and Lane Keeping Assist, but the Toyota Corolla takes it one step further.
With the Toyota Corolla, you’ll find Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 standard on all trims. Included in this suite of advanced safety technologies are the following:
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Maintains a consistent and safe following speed and distance between you and the car ahead. It will slow, accelerate, and even stop your vehicle as needed to keep you moving with the flow of traffic.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection with Sway Warning System: Warns of unintentional lane drift to keep you from leaving your lane or the roadway entirely. If needed, gently steering corrections can be made to keep you on track.
- Automatic High Beams: Intelligently toggles between high and low beams to provide you with an enhanced view of your surroundings at night. When another vehicle is detected, it will switch back to low beams to keep everyone around you safer as well.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: Monitors the front of your sedan and warns when you’re too close to another vehicle. If it detects a possible frontal collision or a pedestrian in your path, it will engage the brakes to keep you and everyone around you protected.
- Lane Tracing Assist: Keeps you centered in your lane for a more relaxing commute.
- Road Sign Assist: Reads the road and alerts you to detected Do Not Enter signs, stop signs, and speed limit signs, so you don’t miss out on essential driving information.
To get some of the baseline amenities of the Corolla on the Elantra, you’ll have to upgrade to a higher trim level, while some features—like Road Sign Assist—aren’t available at all. Clearly, when it comes to your protection, the Corolla has you and your passengers’ best interests in mind.
Toyota Corolla vs Hyundai Elantra: Which Sedan Is Right for You?
While the Toyota Corolla and the Hyundai Elantra do have some commonalities, we think our neighbors near Doral, Kendall, Hialeah, and Miami will prefer the Corolla. With more standard luxuries and state-of-the-art safety technologies than the competition, this sedan is a great option to cruise down the coast.
Don’t just take our word for it, though, come down to Doral Toyota to see for yourself why the Corolla is a great option for your next sedan. A member of our sales team will be excited to answer all your questions and show you the features you’re most interested in. Call us or contact us online today to set up your test drive!
View our inventory below!