Toyota Safety Sense™
At Doral Toyota, we’re really excited to share the news with our drivers in the Doral, Kendall, and Westchester areas about Toyota Safety Sense™. This system is a suite of driver-assisting technology features that’ll help add ease, safety, and security to your daily driving. It’s a brave new world, and these systems will add a new layer of convenience and ease to your commutes and family trips.
Toyota Safety Sense™ C
There are two different Toyota Safety Sense™ systems. Toyota Safety Sense™ C package is included with the compact Toyota vehicles. This package features three different active safety technologies, all of which utilize a camera and laser sensor. Toyota Safety Sense™ C features the Pre-Collision System with Vehicle Detection, Lane Departure Alert, and Automatic High Beams.
- Pre-Collision System with Vehicle Detection: This system uses the front camera and laser to determine the likelihood of a frontal collision. It’ll notify the driver with an audible and visual warning to call for an evasive response. It’ll apply enough brake pressure to reduce speed and get the driver to react.
- Lane Departure Alert: Lane Departure Alert also utilizes the front camera to determine if the vehicle is straying from its intended lane by using the lines on the road as markers. If the vehicle begins to drift, an alert will be heard and seen to get the driver to regain control.
- Automatic High Beams: This feature can recognize light sources in your proximity and switches between high beams and low beams to provide you with clear nighttime disability.
Toyota Safety Sense™ P
Toyota Safety Sense™ P is included with midsize and larger Toyota vehicles. This system includes an in-vehicle camera and a front-grille mounted camera, as well as millimeter-wave radar technology. Toyota Safety Sense™ P is equipped with more advanced features, including the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beams, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: The upgrade to this feature allows the cameras to identify objects in your way that are smaller than vehicles.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist: The addition to this system is that it’ll actively provide assistance to the steering wheel to prevent the vehicle from drifting farther.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: This feature, not included with Toyota Safety Sense™ C, adds convenience to highway driving and lengthy trips by allowing you to set your preferred speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. This system will ensure that the distance you set is kept even if the traffic in your lane starts to slow down.
Learn More About Toyota Safety Sense™
At Doral Toyota, we hope that you found this guide on Toyota Safety Sense™ useful. But if you’d like to learn more about these sophisticated systems, you can always stop in and see us. We’re always happy to help our drivers in the Doral, Kendall, and Westchester areas learn more about the latest system features with Toyota vehicles. We can help you find the perfect Toyota Safety Sense™ system in your next Toyota vehicle. Just fill out the form below to get started!